idnkx user

Anusha

Hi,
    My Schema has the following records
    Rec1
    Rec2
    Rec3
    NTE
    Where Rec2 and Rec3 are the child records of Rec1 and NTE is a independent record.
    I assigned floationg record property to NTE.
    When I test my input document using convertToValues service ,with the input document has the following structure:
    Rec1
    NTE
    Rec2
    Rec3
    ConvertToValues service is throwing an error stating that Invalid record Rec1
    and Rec2.
    Since NTE is a floating record, the service should run fine..Also I found that in the schema in floating Record row it is not taking NTE record and it is showing 'TBD'.So what does 'TBD' mean??

Thanks&Regards
    anuarthi

idnkx user

Pavan

Hi,

Can you please explain in more detail, how does your Flat file look ? What do you mean by NTE ?

As per my understanding TBD means 'To be determined' .

I assume this is your flat file:

[b]Address*street+city;
    NTE;[/b]

Where Address is your Record 1, street and city are your subfields/composite which you call them as child records of Record1 and NTE is your record 2.
    * is field seperator/delimiter
    + is subfield seperator/delimiter
    ; is Record seperator/delimiter

Please share screenshots/images to understand your flat file structure better.

Thanks

idnkx user

Anusha

Hi,
    My schema has ';' as delimiter and NTE is the name of the record.
    FlatFileSchema
    Rec1
    NTE [] Max Occurs 99
    Rec2
    Rec3
    Rec4
    Rec5

InputEDIDoc
    Rec1
    Rec2
    Rec3
    Rec4
    NTE (1)
    NTE (2)
    NTE (3)
    Rec5
    ConvertToValues is throwing an error if NTE record got its position changed.

Thanks

idnkx user

Pavan

Hi Anuarthi,

Can you please give me your source file, i don't need your Schema or SchemaDT.

If you have a flat file as your source, can you please provide it to me, so i can analyze what you are achieving to do ?

Thanks

idnkx user

Anusha

Hi,
    Due to some reasons.,it is not possible to get the snapshots.But still the same example is present in FlatFileSchemaGuide under floatingRecords topic.

Leave a Reply
Guest User

Not sure what course is right for you?

Choose the right course for you.
Get the help of our experts and find a course that best suits your needs.

Let`s Connect