Topic:   webMethods My webMethods Server not starting
Dec 27, 2012 05:45 8 Replies 8177 Views Sam
Prev Next
Topic Replies (8)
  1. 1
    idnkx user

Sam

Hi,

I have installed wM8.2 IS, MWS (also DB).
    IS started, when I start MWS, I'm keep getting this error:

Error creating database connection to: jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;serviceName=XE
    java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [sag-cjdbc42-0011][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]Connection refused, (DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=169869568)(ERR=12516)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12516)(EMFI=4))))

Any views please.

Rgds,
    Sam

idnkx user

Sam

To add on to the above.
    when i tested the JDBCPool connection test in IS admin page, I got the below. Previously it was working.
    Can you tell me what is serviceName in this?

Test of wM8DB Failed
    [sag-cjdbc42-0011][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12514 Connection refused, the specified service name (XE) was not recognized by the Oracle server.

idnkx user

Pavan

Hi Sam,

Please Refer http://idnxchange.com/webmethods-blogs/webmethods-712-step-by-step-installation.html step 7 in Blog which shows configuration of MWS while installing and also check your DB Config settings.

The service name in your case is "XE"

Since its a SQLNonTransient Connection Exception and your connection was previously working, check whether your DB is available or not. Restart your DB if required and check it again.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks

idnkx user

Sam

Yes after restart, DB connectivity test from IS is working fine.

To increase the session because of the below error: ( I did the session increase in SPFILEXE.ORA, that could be the reason DB connectivity test from IS was not working fine. Not sure). Once I revert back the change and restart, DB Connectivity was working fine.

Error creating database connection to: jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;serviceName=XE
    java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [sag-cjdbc42-0011][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]Connection refused, (DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=169869568)(ERR=12516)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12516)(EMFI=4))))

But, still MWS is not coming up.I see this error as below:

2012-12-27 08:24:56 EST (Framework:DEBUG) - [Pool - default]. Added new connection to check out pool. MaxSize = 100; total pool size = 1; idle pool size = 0; check out size = 1
    2012-12-27 08:24:56 EST (Framework:INFO) - No registered exception delegate
    2012-12-27 08:24:56 EST (Framework:FATAL) - [POP.004.0201] Cannot initialize MWS, invalid database schema is specified
    com.webmethods.portal.system.init.InitializationException: [POP.004.0201] Cannot initialize MWS, invalid database schema is specified
    at com.webmethods.portal.service.sql.core.ConnectionManager.validateDatasource(ConnectionManager.java:716)
    at com.webmethods.portal.service.sql.core.ConnectionManager.init(ConnectionManager.java:285)
    at com.webmethods.portal.service.sql.core.ConnectionManager.init(ConnectionManager.java:208)

Regards,
    Sam

idnkx user

Pavan

Hi,

The error indicates, '[b]Invalid Database Schema[/b]'..

[b]-> [/b]Look for [b]mws.db.xml[/b] file and see if the db information provided there matches with the db details
    that you used in database configurator wizard while creating tables..

[b] ->[/b] You may check the JDBC Pools from IS Admin page. Meanwhile verify the Central Users Pool association to the MWS db schema.

Always follow the below steps while configuring your MWS DB:

1. Please use the Database Component Configurator to create a unique database or tablespace for this server instance. You can refer to the webMethods Installation Guide.

2. Make sure \MWS\server\test\config\mws.db.xml exists and the database information in the file are correct.

please take note that
    1. each MWS instance must have its own database. for a given database server,
    the following configuration entries must be unique among all mws instances that use the same database server:
    - database user name
    - database name

2. For MWS instances running concurrently on the same machine, the following host/port number,
    if used, must be unique among all servers:
    - HTTP port
    - HTTPS port (if used)
    - AJP13 port and IIS or Apache Web server host and port (if Used)

Thanks

idnkx user

Sam

Hi,

Even this error got resolved once I recreated the tables using DCC.
    :( But couldn't access MWS: Now got this error: "HTTP Error 503".... trying hard ...

Regards,
    Sam

idnkx user

Sam

Wow the main page has come up...
    It took more than 30 min... Since it showed me "Done Complete" I tried accessing MWS. But now it auto restarted MWS and MWS is up... Thanks for your guidance all the way...

Regards,
    Sam

idnkx user

Sam

Main page has come up ... Thanks.
    Since it showed up "Done Complete" tried accessing MWS... but it did the auto restart... now I able to access MWS. Thanks for the guidance...

Regards,
    Sam

Leave a Reply
Guest User

Not sure what course is right for you?

Choose the right course for you.
Get the help of our experts and find a course that best suits your needs.

Let`s Connect