Topic:   How to Export data into excel sheet using webMethods flow service.
Dec 11, 2012 09:10 11 Replies 4236 Views yuva
Prev Next
Topic Replies (11)
  1. 1
    idnkx user

yuva

Hi,

Can anyone help me out with the solution to export the data into excel sheet using any of the following below options,

1.webservice
    2.flow service
    3.java service

Thanks in advance.

idnkx user

Tomas

Rekha,

Follow the http://idnxchange.com/webmethods-blogs/webmethods-step-by-step-xml-to-flat-file.html post to first transform your data to Flat file.

Try Tab delimited files with a .xls extension. These files can be easily created and can be opened by Excel as worksheets - No need to worry about quotes.

You can create a template or just use variable substitution for each record to a tab delimited line. And place an Enter after each record.

Then while using writeToFile service, specify the extension as .xls.

Hope this helps.

idnkx user

yuva

Tomasidn,

I have followed the steps said by you.
    pub.flatfile.converToString - Here I am not getting the value in the output(string field)

1.used the adapter to get the data from the database
    2.created flatfile schema with delimited tab(used \n for each record and tab for field)

I think i would have made mistake in the delimited tab.Can you suggest what should i give to get the output please.

Can you help me on this of what mistake i have done for not getting the output.

idnkx user

yuva

Hi,

I have made the mistake in the mapping of document for flatfile.It's working now.

Thanks for your help.

Once i fully completed,i'll update you the status.

idnkx user

Tomas

Hi Rekha,

Nice to see your scenario working....

-> Please click on Thank you button if my reply really helps you..

Thanks,
    Tomas

idnkx user

yuva

Hi Tomas,

I have successfully done the automation to trigger email with the attached excel sheet of previous day failures.

Thanks for your support.:)

idnkx user

Vishal Sharma

Just wanted to confirm if my reference document has document list as one of its feild. How would I get to have the list in the field or composite field level.
    [quote="tomasidn" post=201]Rekha,

Follow the http://idnxchange.com/webmethods-blogs/webmethods-step-by-step-xml-to-flat-file.html post to first transform your data to Flat file.

Try Tab delimited files with a .xls extension. These files can be easily created and can be opened by Excel as worksheets - No need to worry about quotes.

You can create a template or just use variable substitution for each record to a tab delimited line. And place an Enter after each record.

Then while using writeToFile service, specify the extension as .xls.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

idnkx user

Tomas

Vishal,

Refer the below http://idnxchange.com/webmethods-blogs/webmethods-step-by-step-xml-to-flat-file.htmlpost for xml to Flat file transformation, first screenshot refers to Flat file dictionary.
    While creating Flat file dictionary you can create composite Defination.

Refer http://documentation.softwareag.com/webmethods/wmsuites/wMdoc/_webM_suite_71/Developer/Developer%207.1/Flat%20File%20Schema%20Developer%27s%20Guide%207.1.pdf Flat file Dictionary Guide.

idnkx user

Vishal Sharma

Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate it.
    But actually composite is not coming up with the docList inside the record document when preparing the schemaDT. It is coming up as a document.

idnkx user

Tomas

Vishal,

Have you configured your Flat file schema - > Flat file structure, there is a property "Max Repat" which specifies no of times the record can repeat within the flat file. The default is 1 for document and specify unlimited for doc list.

idnkx user

Bhanuprakashreddy.P

hi all here i have excel file not xml file? how can i specify the excel file path in get file service? plz give me reply as early as possible? please elaborate your answers too?

Thanks in advance
    bhanu

Leave a Reply
Guest User

Not sure what course is right for you?

Choose the right course for you.
Get the help of our experts and find a course that best suits your needs.

Let`s Connect