Topic:   Administered objects in LDAP directory for Broker C# API
Jan 21, 2015 19:25 1 Replies 614 Views Bala Subrahmanyam K
Prev Next
Topic Replies (1)
  1. 1
    idnkx user

Bala Subrahmanyam K

Hi,

In our project, we are planning to replace WebSphere MQ with Broker as a messaging system to exchange messages between .NET & JAVA applications. But has one major concern with respect to .NET

.NET will use webMethods C# API and Java will use Broker API for JMS exposed by SAG.

As per documentation, .NET has a limitation that, administered objects must save only in Oracle LDAP directory, by using them .NET can publish /subscribe messages to / from Broker, but JAVA has no such limitations( It can store objects in Broker/weblogic/jboss/ldap directory and retrieve them)

Both .NET & JAVA will use same Queues to subscribe / Publish messages, hence both .NET and java should use same administered objects to exchange messages.

Instead of Oracle LDAP server, I have installed Open DS, an open-source LDAP server and able to store Administered objects (both connection factory & Queues) successfully, but while trying to get connection from .NET application, I am encountering below error.

Broker server is running with all the latest patches.

Msg: Exception creating destination. [BDN.11.1046] Administered object definition is null. at webMethods.Msg.AdminObject.AdminObject..ctor(String xmlDefinition)
    at webMethods.Msg.MsgFactory.RetrieveDestination(String bindingName, String ldapUrl, String userName, String password)
    at Perpetual.Framework.Mq.WMBroker.WMBrokerHelper.GetDestination(ISession session, String destinationName, BrokerConfig brokerConfig)

I would like to know is there any solution/workaround that can be implemented in .NET other than connecting to LDAP server to exchange messages with Java application via Broker. Please help me with your valuable inputs.

Thanks !!!

Leave a Reply
Guest User

Not sure what course is right for you?

Choose the right course for you.
Get the help of our experts and find a course that best suits your needs.

Let`s Connect