Topic:   explain about difference between the Local _Transaction and No_Transaction
Aug 12, 2014 17:41 8 Replies 1306 Views Pemcoola
Prev Next
Topic Replies (8)
  1. 1
    idnkx user

Pemcoola

explain about difference between the Local _Transaction and No_Transaction and when we can use each one?plz

idnkx user

Neelima

ctualy trasactions in webMethods are categorised as implicit and explicit transactions: under implicit we have local and xa transaction types, under explicit we have no transacation. let me explain you implicit transactions are handled by Integration server meaning they are automatically commited by IS. While explicit IS nneds to specify start and end transactions for commiting them..

idnkx user

Neelima

pub.art.transaction:startTransaction and pub.art.transaction:rollbackTransaction are used with explixcit transactions

idnkx user

Ansari

One correction on Nelsiri comment, it is not mandate to use built in service start & commit/rollback when use local txn if ur code/logic demands that when to start when to commit/ rollback transactions use those services otherwise also u can use local transaction because IS starts txn when it encounter any adapter service of local txn type and commits when the flow executed successfully and rollback if the flow fails. if the adapter service is no txn type then IS commits as and when the adapter service executed successfully

idnkx user

Sashi

Nelsiri-- I think you mis spelled, Local and XA as implicit and No TXN as Explicit in your first comment.

Ansari4u -- You mean to say, In case of No_Txn each usage of connection is one transaction and if you don't use built in txn control services then entire usage of the adapter services within a single flow service with Local / XA txn types make them executed as a Single transaction ??

idnkx user

Neelima

thanks for correcting me

idnkx user

Ansari

Sashi_vsp u got it right

idnkx user

Pemcoola

thank u all of them

Leave a Reply
Guest User

Not sure what course is right for you?

Choose the right course for you.
Get the help of our experts and find a course that best suits your needs.

Let`s Connect