Topic:   publish a document to webMethods BROKER from external system
Jul 20, 2014 15:21 8 Replies 729 Views siuywi
Prev Next
Topic Replies (8)
  1. 1
    idnkx user

siuywi

Hi Friends,
    I have to publish a document to wM BROKER from external system (Ex:SAP) ... What all are the things needed at webMethods end like configurations etc.

idnkx user

Pia

when you say external system, you mean a system within the company infrastructure? I mean, is SAP and Webmethods in the local infrastructure of this company? or does SAP exists in one company/infrastructure and Webmethods in different company/infrastructure)? this makes a big difference in the developed solution.

idnkx user

siuywi

both are exist in different intrasture environment .

idnkx user

Pia

webmethods SAP adapter wont be useful in your case. There are multiple way you can do it. each solution will depends on the level of access you have to SAP. In all of these solution, you would need to create an IS service that "somehow" get the data from SAP and then publish it to your broker. This IS service can for example periodically invoke a web service in SAP or poll a specific directory to check for generated file(which contain the data). It all depends on the level of access you got to this SAP in term of development or configuration. Maybe if you share with us more detail, we can recommend for you a specific direction.

idnkx user

siuywi

Thanks for Information provided ... Actually i faced this while attending my recent interview ... so just asked to know how the solution will be ...

idnkx user

Nancy

In other terms, A Polling Notification in case of DB Resource or a Listener Notification in case of SAP serve the purpose ..!

idnkx user

Nancy

Siuywi- My explanation inline with Paipavola.. I just named them as notifications, a feature that our WM Adapters have..

Leave a Reply
Guest User

Not sure what course is right for you?

Choose the right course for you.
Get the help of our experts and find a course that best suits your needs.

Let`s Connect