Adding a menu item to WebMethods Admin Console
The WebMethods menu on the left hand side has a series of menu sections and menu items.
The main service which results in all the menu iteams is called wm.server.ui:mainMenu. You can view the results of this service by:
You will also see on this page a list of services available. However do not use the services to create the menu items.
To add your own custom menu link, create 3 services in WebMethods Developer.
- The first two services need to call services called wm.server.ui.addSolution or wm.server.ui.removeSolution respectively.
- For the callback parameter, make them point to your callback service. e.g. zzDavid.davidTest.menuAdmin:callback
- Note: to create this flow service create any service and manually change its General -> Service property on the right.
- For the callback service place a MAP step and add the following parameters:
Name Description Value name Description of menu WmUnit text The text to display WmUnit url The url link ../WmUnit.dsp target The target link to display WmUnit.dsp
- Run the Add service to create a menu item which will by default go into the Solutions menu section
- Note the 3 periods (...) are automatically appended at the end of the text name
- Use the Remove service with the same callback parameters to remove the menu item