Follow the steps for smoothly moving from Developer tool to designer.
Designer SetupFind the eclipse.ini file in the C:SoftwareAG822eclipsev36 directory. Edit it and change -Xms128m to -Xms1024m (unless you don't have a lot of memory, then at least set it to -Xms512m). This will prevent a lot of garbage collection thrashing in eclipse and makes execution much more faster.
PerspectiveUse the "Service Development" perspective - this is the perspective that replaces the functionality of Developer where you can develop flow and Java services and can access other Developer/IS objects
From Designer, select Window > Open Perspective > Service Development
You can now move windows around and even pull them out onto a second screen. I prefer moving the pipeline to my second 24" monitor and have a huge pipeline window now.
Once your perspective is configured how you like it, you can save it with Window->Save Perpective As... and give it a name. when you have a different saved perspective when working on the laptop versus working on dual 24" monitors.
If you mess up and lose a window, you can usually get it back with Window->Show View->Other and find the window (like properties or pipeline).
If you really mess up your layout, use Window->Reset Perspective.
Connect to Integration ServerYou still need to connect to an Integration Server.
From Designer, select Window > Preferences > +Software AG > Integration Server >Default > Edit set the server Host, Port, User, and Password. You can use the defaults for the check-boxes "Connect immediately" and "Connect at startup". Leave your development is name as Default, especially if you will be doing workflow development.
Hints for usage
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Ctrl-L locks the service you are focused on
- Ctrl-U unlocks the service you are focused on
- Double click on a service invoke step in the service editor will open that service in the editor.
- Windows -> Preferences SoftwareAG -> Service Development -> Flow Service Editor - add/remove favorite services to customize your palette view
- To get to the flow service properties (like for setting the pipeline debug option), click on white space in the editor.
- Sometimes you just can't seem to add a new variable to the pipeline. Click on an existing string variable, then the insert usually works!